Build a fully-fledged, feature-rich application from scratch using Laravel. You’ll learn by doing, not simply studying. At the end of each step, not only will you have learned a new skill, trick or technique – but you’ll have built another feature of your first hand-crafted Laravel application. You’ll go beyond the Laravel framework itself as we take a look at some of the skills any professional developer needs, to take your career – or indeed hobby – to the next level.
Simple to grasp yet incredibly powerful, Laravel is attracting enormous attention from beginners and experienced developers alike for its expressiveness and versatility. This book will show you what’s got people so excited. Packed with tips, tricks and tools of the trade, Practical Laravel 5 gives you everything you need to develop sophisticated web applications using this exciting new framework.
What You’ll Learn
- Know when Laravel is the right tool for your project
- Have a solid understanding of the framework’s major features
- Possess the knowledge and confidence to build a production-ready application – from scratch
- Have a broad awareness of relevant tools, techniques and processes
- Be able to launch your applications into the cloud
Who This Book Is For
Practical Laravel 5 is for novice through to intermediate developers new to Laravel
Learn each of the original gang of four design patterns, and how they are relevant to modern PHP and Laravel development. Written by a working developer who uses these patterns every day, you will easily be able to implement each pattern into your workflow and improve your development. Each pattern is covered with full examples of how it can be used.
Too often design patterns are explained using tricky concepts, when in fact they are easy to use and can enrich your everyday development. Design Patterns in PHP and Laravel aims to break down tricky concepts into humorous and easy-to-recall details, so that you can begin using design patterns easily in your everyday work with PHP and Laravel.
This book teaches you design patterns in PHP and Laravel using real-world examples and plenty of humor.
What You Will Learn
- Use the original gang of four design patterns in your PHP and Laravel development
- How each pattern should be used
- Solve problems when using the patterns
- Remember each pattern using mnemonics
Who This Book Is For
People using Laravel and PHP to do their job and want to improve their understanding of design patterns.
Learn about dependency injection, interfaces, service providers, SOLID design, and more with practical and real-world code examples. This book covers everything you need to get started in application development with Laravel 5.3. Beginning Laravel covers features such as method injection, contracts, and authentication.
After reading this book, you can develop any application using Laravel 5. It details all you need to know, including the model-view-controller pattern, SQLite databases, routing, authorization, and building CRUD applications.
- Work with the new Laravel framework and its new features
- Develop web applications with Laravel
- Absorb the concepts of authentication and database migration
- Manage databases with Eloquent ORM
- Use middleware, contracts, and facades